You can grind meat by hand or through the use of a food processor, but these options are only ideal for a small portion of meat and if you are not doing the task frequently. If you ought to do this often to a large quantity of meat, these options won’t suffice. In this case, it is best that you invest in a good quality meat grinder.
The Uses of the Appliance
Aside from making the job of grinding the meat faster and more efficient, here are the other benefits of using this appliance.
• You will have more control on the texture of the meat, whether you want it to be fine or coarse, and to what extent.
• This is recommended to those who are under strict diets. They can control the portion and add the necessary flavors while grinding the meat.
• When done through this appliance, the result is fresher and healthier than when you grind the meat manually or through the use of a food processor.
A meat grinder is now available in many kinds, but its three major types are the manual, attachments and standalone. Here’s a look at the features, pros and cons of these three.
1. Manual. This is intended for those who only plan to grind meat every once in a while. This can handle up to three pounds of meat in a minute. This is stable, which is its main advantage. Be wary though of certain kinds, specifically the types with clamps that can be bolted to a table countertop, which can slip while in use. The latter can pose a problem with the process when it happens.
2. Attachments. These come as an additional feature in certain models of stand mixers. The attachments can be used in grinding other items aside from meat. This type is popular to those who do their own hamburger and sausages. This is already considered affordable. The only part that is pricey with this model is its motor.
3. Standalone. This is more expensive than the two previous models. This can accommodate large quantities of meat. This gives the user more options when it comes to the components that can affect the results of the process.
The Buying Process
Here are the essential considerations that you ought to think about when choosing which kind of this appliance is best suited for you.
1. How often do you intend to use the product? If you will only use this casually, then you better opt for the manual type, but even if you will not use this often, but you plan on grinding large portions of meat when you do, then choose the type that can accommodate such demand.
2. Browse for the product choices before settling on your choice, especially if you are under a tight budget. There are certain brands that offer the high-end type of the appliance at lower prices than the more known brands.
3. Read about the reviews and feedback of those who have availed similar appliances. This will make it easier for you to choose the kind that is most appropriate to your needs and other requirements.
4. Aside from the price and features, you must also ask about how the appliance can be cleaned. There are certain models, which components can be safely washed in the dishwasher, but there are also those that can only be cleaned manually by hand. Check if the components can be disassembled, and how easy or hard the process might be. This step is necessary to do every once in a while in order to clean all parts of the appliance thoroughly.